Already have a Username/Password for New Media & Society?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or HTML document file format.
- All URL addresses in the text (e.g., http://pkp.sfu.ca) are activated and ready to click.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are typed (double line-spaced) in line with the manuscript text. All tables and figures should have short descriptive captions with notes and their source(s) typed below the tables.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- The text is anonymized and has had the authors' names removed. If an author is cited, "Author" and year are used in the bibliography and footnotes, instead of author's name, paper title, etc. The author's name has also been removed from the document's Properties, which in Microsoft Word is found in the File menu. If "Track Changes" is used in Microsoft Word please make sure that no information identifying the author(s) remains. Any submissions with author identification will be subject to immediate rejection by the editors.
- All authors agree to the submission of the manuscript to New Media & Society
- Suggestions of potential reviewers have been sent to the editors. These may be added in the box below titled "Comments to the Editor."
- The submission guidelines and the style guide have been reviewed and the manuscript conforms to policies and guidelines expressed in those documents.
Before publication authors will be requested to assign copyright to Sage Publications, subject to retaining their right to reuse the material in other publications written or edited by themselves and due to be published preferably at least one year after initial publication in the Journal.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.